U-Install-It Kitchens Warranty
All U-Install-It Kitchens cabinets, doors and benchtops are guaranteed from the date of receipt, against defective materials or workmanship. This guarantee is in addition to your normal statutory entitlements and specific legal rights.
1. U-Install-It Kitchens warrants that all U-Install-It Kitchens cabinets, doors and benchtops (‘Kitchen Components’) will be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 5 (five years) from the date of supply. All hinges and drawer runners are guaranteed for the life of your kitchen.
2. If there is a defect in the materials or workmanship in the Kitchen Components during the relevant warranty period for that Kitchen Component, U-Install-It Kitchens (as its only obligation) will supply a replacement Kitchen Component of similar quality free of charge.
3. This Warranty forms part of the contract you entered into with U-Install-It Kitchens for the supply of the Kitchen Components. If there is an inconsistency between the terms of this Warranty and the terms of the Supply Contract, the terms of the Warranty will prevail.
4. All Warranty items requiring attention are to be returned to and picked up from 45 Brodie Road North, Lonsdale, South Australia. Associated transport and delivery costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
5. This Warranty does not cover the following circumstances:
(a) any natural occurrence or other circumstances not within the control of U-Install-It Kitchens (such as fire or water damage).
(b) any act by any person, (other than an employee of U-Install-It Kitchens or a sub-contractor recommended by U-Install-It Kitchens), whether by error, neglect or intentional or unintentional misuse, which in any way alters the appearance and/or structure of the Kitchen Components as supplied by U-Install-It Kitchens.
(c) the High Moisture Resistant board (HMR) used in the manufacture of U-Install-It Kitchens has a High Moisture Resistance, but is not waterproof. HMR will not deteriorate if water, steam and oil spills are wiped off immediately. However, HMR will deteriorate if water, steam and oils are left to soak into the material, in which case the Warranty does not apply.
(d) if care is not taken in regard to the potential of moisture to damage the Kitchen Components. Benchtop mitre joins cannot withstand water overflows and steam caused by kettles being placed over the join. Such damage is not covered under the terms of this Warranty.
(e) Shrinkage of panels and joints in the Kitchen Components is normal. The Specification of the Standards Association of Australia will apply to determine whether any shrinkage of the Kitchen Components is within the normal range.
(f) Lacquer work to timber doors where the lacquer has deteriorated due to exposure to water, solvents, pump action cleaners, and normal wear and tear from daily use.
(g) If you have conducted your own installation, any damage to the kitchen due to faulty or incorrect installation.
(h) Any damage to Kitchen Components or property caused during delivery.
(i) Natural fading or damage due to direct or indirect exposure to ultra violet light or sunlight.
(j) Normal wear and tear. Please note that abrasives or solvent cleaners, should not be used to clean any of the Kitchen Components, which should be wiped over with a moist warm cloth and dried immediately.
(k) Alteration of any part of the Kitchen Components by any person other than an employee of U-Install-It Kitchens or a sub-contractor directly recommended by U-Install-It Kitchens.
(l) U-Install-It Kitchens will not be obliged to comply with its obligations under this Warranty unless and until you have paid the full purchase price for the Kitchen Components.
6. If you are not the original purchaser of the Kitchen Components and those Kitchen Components were installed more than 3 (three) years ago, U-Install-It Kitchens may require you to provide dated proof of the original purchase before it provides a replacement Kitchen Component under the terms of the Warranty.
7. This Warranty does not cover any appliances or other goods (other than kitchen componentry) that may be provided by any supplier, including U-Install-It Kitchens. All appliances or other goods are covered as per the manufacturers own warranty or guarantee (specific details will be supplied on request).
8. The Trade Practices Act (and other legislation) may imply certain conditions and warranties into this Warranty and the Supply Contract that cannot be excluded or modified. This Warranty or the Supply Contract does not exclude or modify any of those conditions or warranties if to do so would contravene that law or make any part of this Warranty or the Supply Contract void.
9. U-Install-It Kitchens excludes all warranties and conditions that may be implied into this Warranty or the Supply Contract and limits its liability for a breach of any implied condition or warranty that cannot be excluded to the greater of (at U-Install-It Kitchens’ option):
(a) for goods, repairing or replacing those goods or paying the cost of having those goods repaired or replaced; and
(b) for services, resupplying the services or paying for the cost of having those services resupplied.
10. U-Install-It Kitchens limits its liability (whether under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) under the Supply Contract and this Warranty to the amount payable by the customer under the Supply Contract.